Thursday 26 March 2009

Shoplifting

I work in retail, even though I am a part timer I witness at least one incident on shoplifting every 2 weeks. People are shop lifting more and more by the day.

Why is this?

Credit crunch?

This I no excuse to stoop down so low!!
Types of shoplifters
  • ADDICTIVE-COMPULSIVE SHOPLIFTERS
  • PROFESSIONALS, WHO STEAL FOR PROFIT OR LIFESTYLE
  • THE IMPOVERISHED, WHO STEAL OUT OF ECONOMIC NEED
  • THE THRILL SEEKERS, WHO STEAL ON A DARE OR FOR EXCITEMENT
  • DRUG AND GAMBLING ADDICTS, WHO STEAL TO PAY FOR THEIR HABIT
  • KLEPTOMANIACS ARE THOSE WHO STEAL FOR NO REASON
  • THE ABSENT MINDED



The worst incident that I have witnessed is when a woman who came into my store while I was working and she was caught on the children’s department putting clothes into her bag. Her children were there with her, two girls under the age of ten. When she was caught she was asked to walk to the office to wait for the police to arrive. She tried to use force but was repeatedly told she would have to wait for police to arrive by the store security guard. When they got into the office I was in there, I had to leave but before I left I heard one of the girls say "mum we've been caught again". And the other girl looked very upset and just had her ears covered with her hands. The clothes that the stole were two sets of clothes, both the same just different ages. They were for her two girls.
I didnt know what to think
To feel sorry for her as she was taking clothes for her children
Or be angry and disgusted as the girls obviouly had been in this situation before, What kind of example was she setting for her children?
Could her situation be justified? Would you class her as being bad?
Overall I would, if she cannot provide for her children she needs to do something about it by getting a job or sacrifice one of her expences to provide for them, shop lifting is not acceptable. She is setting such a bad example for them!

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.studentlegal.ucla.edu/Final%2520Images/shoplifting.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.studentlegal.ucla.edu/&usg=__IYbD3sCKdyeu2wutJCJcEy441WA=&h=234&w=350&sz=30&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=JxzKlLMGnUfCyM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dshoplifting%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

http://www.shopliftersanonymous.com/types.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment