Wednesday 6 May 2009

Comment 5

Comment on Kal's post on 'Representaion of ethnic and different cultures in Soaps.' In this post Kal has raised a point that I strongly agree with. I think that not only soaps but films and the media has made a streotypical veiw of asian people that is far from true and reality. There is a view out there that asian people have massive families that all live together is a three bedroom house. The kids are not allowed to do anything so they sneak out and get changed after leaving there houses. The dad is always the person that they are scared to express themselves to and that they are all mouthy.

He has mentioned Emerdale and I ask myself that question all the time. All corner shops are not owned by asian people are they? I think that Eastenders, East is East and Bend it like Bekham have contributed to this.

Link http://kal20.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment